Buckingham Palace to investigate bullying claims made against Meghan Markle

Elias Hubbard
Марта 4, 2021

On March 7, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's no holds barred interview with Oprah Winfrey titled Oprah with Meghan and Harry: A Primetime Special will be airing on CBS and all eyes will be glued to their screens as The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will discuss controversial topics associated with them, especially their royal family exit.

Following the recording of the interview, the Times of London published an explosive report after obtaining an email sent by Markle's former Kensington Palace communications secretary, Jason Knauf, raising concerns about her "bullying" behavior.

The palace said it was "clearly very concerned" about the allegations.

Meanwhile, the newspaper also reports that Meghan faces accusations of undermining the confidence of a third staff member.

At one point in the trailer, Winfrey tells viewers: "Just to make it clear to everybody, there is no subject that is off-limits", as Meghan nods in agreement.

The public relations aide said Meghan "is determined to continue her work building compassion around the world and will keep striving to set an example for doing what is right and doing what is good".

It alleges there had been "report after report" of "unacceptable behaviour" by Meghan towards a staff member.

The Duchess of Sussex is no stranger to finding symbolism in nature.

Public relations and crisis consultant Mark Borkowski warned that Harry and Meghan are at risk of a "real reputational mess" if they go ahead with the broadcast in the U.S. on Sunday and said it should be postponed.

It comes after The Times newspaper reported on Tuesday that Meghan had faced a bullying complaint from a close adviser during her time living at Kensington Palace with Prince Harry.

The publication was approached by sources hoping to give their side of the story from within the royal household from the time Meghan arrived at the palace to the time the pair made the decision to stand down from the royal family.

A spokesperson for the Sussexes has said Meghan and Harry are the victims of a calculated smear campaign based on false and harmful information.

"You've said some pretty shocking things here", Winfrey says to the couple, who lost their royal patronages and honorary military titles last month after confirming they would not return to their lives as "senior working royals" but instead seek financial independence and relief from the scrutiny of Britain's freewheeling tabloids.

"We are disappointed to see this defamatory portrayal of The Duchess of Sussex given credibility by a media outlet".

Other reports by

Discuss This Article