Philip transferred to another hospital for tests on pre-existing heart condition

Lawrence Kim
Марта 3, 2021

Prince Philip had been at the King Edward VII's hospital in London for 13 days after being admitted on February 16.

The Duke of Edinburgh has been transferred to a different hospital to undergo testing and observation for a pre-existing heart condition, Buckingham Palace has said.

"He is comfortable and responding to treatment but is not expected to leave hospital for several days".

The Prince, 99, was admitted to hospital on 16 February as a precautionary measure after feeling unwell.

Known for off-the-cuff remarks at public events, Prince Philip joked at the time that he was the "world's most experienced plaque unveiler".

At the time, Buckingham Palace did not disclose the reason for the duke's admission to the private hospital, but since revealed he was being treated for an infection and is "comfortable".

Barts Heart Centre is Europe's largest specialised cardiovascular service and is a centre of excellence for both cardiac and cancer care.

Royal sources said two weeks ago the Duke of Edinburgh travelled from Windsor to London by auto and it was not an "emergency admission".

The royal expert further said that most of Prince Philip's friends have already passed away, as well as his staff.

Sources have said that Philip's doctor was "acting with an abundance of caution".

Prince Philip's youngest son, Prince Edward, told the UK's Sky News recently that his father was doing "a lot better" and was looking forward to returning home.

Prince Charles last week visited his father in the hospital where, according to British tabloids, they discussed future of the British royal family. In December 2019, he received hospital treatment for a pre-existing condition.

The Duke of Edinburgh retired from his royal public duties in 2017 and rarely appears in public.

"So we keep our fingers crossed".

The idea that he had felt bad after receiving the second dose of the Covid-19 vaccine was initially raised in the media, but that information has not been confirmed.

Prince Philip, who is turning 100 on June 10, has been self-isolating at Windsor Castle with the Queen for the most part of 2020 and was in Berkshire before being admitted to hospital.

Other reports by

Discuss This Article