'Borat' Creators Sued by Holocaust Survivor's Estate for Callously Tricking Her

Lawrence Kim
October 18, 2020

Cohen, one of the world's most outspoken opponents of antisemitism and Holocaust denial, interviewed Judith Dim Evans earlier this year "under false pretenses with the intent of appropriating her likeness", reads the lawsuit, which was filed this week with the Superior Court of Fulton County, Georgia, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

The estate also claims the producers offered to pay Evans and her friend for their participation, but she turned them down flat. Her daughter said that Evans, who passed away this summer, was "horrified and upset" upon learning that the film was a satirical comedy.

"Upon learning after giving the interview that the movie was actually a comedy meant to mock the Holocaust and Jewish culture, Ms. Evans was horrified and upset", the lawsuit said.

Actor Sacha Baron Cohen arrives at the European Premiere of Alice Through the Looking Glass at a cinema in London, Britain, May 10, 2016. "Had Ms. Evans been informed about the true nature of the film and objective for the interview, she would not have agreed to participate in the interview".

Set to hit Amazon Prime Video on October 23rd, the makers of Borat Subsequent Moviefilm pulled out all the stops- including interviewing an actual Holocaust survivor to gain further insight on the historical event via a firsthand account.

While we don't know much by way of narrative, we do know that our hapless hero is due to return to the United States of America to see how things have been going since he last visited, with the Covid-19 pandemic and the 2020 elections set o be explored.

It's understood that US President Donald Trump and deceased paedophile Jeffrey Epstein will be targeted in the film. Amazon has yet to comment on the Evans lawsuit.

Other reports by Click Lancashire

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER