Seven FC troops, seven security guards martyred in Ormara attack

Elias Hubbard
October 16, 2020

It said that the soldiers were guarding the convoy of the OGDCL employees from Gwadar to Karachi.

The security personnel responded effectively and ensured the security of the OGDCL persons and managed their safe exit from the area.

It added that these acts can not subdue the resolve of the forces which are determined to defend the motherland, even at the cost of their lives.

No group has claimed responsibility for the attacks so far.

Those embraced martyrdom in Ormara incident included Subedar Abid Hussain from Layyah, Naik Muhammad Anwar from Sibi, Lance Naik Iftikhar Ahmed from Dera Ghazi Khan, Sepoy Muhammad Naveed from Chakwal, Lance Naik Abdul Latif from Pishin, Sepoy Muhammad Waris from Mianwali, Sepoy Imran Khan from Lakki Marwat, Havaldar (retd) Samandar Khan from Lakki Marwat, Muhammad Fawad ullah from Lakki Marwat, Attaullah from Dera Ismail Khan, Waris Khan from Tank, Abdul Nafay from Kohat, Shakir ullah from Kohat and Abid Hussain from Bannu.

Later, Prime Minister Imran Khan condemned the attack on the convoy of OGDCL and sought report of the incident. Khan expressed grief with the families of the martyred personnel of security agencies.

Balochistan is key to the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor, part of Beijing's regional Belt and Road infrastructure initiative.

Balochistan Chief Minister Jam Kamal Khan Alyani in a tweet said the attack on law-enforcement personnel was "a clear sign the enemy does not want Balochistan and its people to prosper". The project - including everything from roads to power plants - will link Pakistan's Gwadar to Kashgar in China's Xinjiang province.

In 2019, gunmen wearing military uniforms ambushed a bus that was travelling to Gwadar from the provincial capital Quetta, killing 14 passengers, including officials from Pakistan's navy.

In July, at least eight soldiers were killed and five others wounded when armed ethnic Baloch gunmen attacked a security forces convoy in the Panjgur area, about 160km (99 miles) north of the site of Thursday's attack.

Following the clash, security forces cordoned off the complete area and launched a search operation to apprehend the terrorists.

Violence in the northwestern districts of North Waziristan and South Waziristan, once home to the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), has been on the rise this year, with a series of gun attacks and bombings targeting security forces.

Mr Hussain said that two of the convoy's three vehicles were destroyed after being hit by rocket launchers.

Last month, security forces had killed four terrorists, including militant commander Ihsanullah alias Ihsan Sanray, in an intelligence-based operation (IBO) in what was termed as a "major breakthrough" by the ISPR.

Other reports by Click Lancashire

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER