Not Very Happy Meal as face mask found inside McDonald's chicken nugget

Marco Green
August 8, 2020

A 6-year-old girl in the United Kingdom "nearly choked" on a chicken nugget from McDonald's, according to her mother, who said she found parts of a surgical mask "baked into it".

She said her and her daughter have been "put off" from McDonald's for good.

She said as her kids sat down on the sofa she suddenly became aware that six-year-old Maddie was choking.

The incident occurred after she bought the nuggets at a McDonald's location in Aldershot, a town in the Rushmoor district of Hampshire, England, at about 6 p.m. on Tuesday, she said, according to Hampshire Live.

I had to put my finger in her mouth to make her ill and it came up all speckled with blue.

"I thought, 'What on earth is this?'"

Laura posted video showing what appears to be more blue face mask parts inside other Chicken McNuggets her daughter had not yet eaten ... and it's really gross. "You can see the seam and how sound it is in there".

The mother of four said she went straight back to the restaurant to speak to the manager who told her the nuggets were not cooked on the premises.

She expected them to stop serving the nuggets they had in stock, but she said they carried on as if nothing happened.

She said: "Before I left I said 'Are you going to keep serving them?' And they were carrying on serving them and that was the big thing for me".

"I just couldn't believe the way the management were handling it".

Laura added: "What if I had walked out of the room and my daughter had choked?" Arber said. "She could have died".

"You can see how it is compacted into the chicken", Arber said as she opened the nugget, presenting the blue material inside it that seems to be mixed into the nugget. "It's a split second thing".

"Food safety is of the utmost value to us and we location fantastic emphasis on high quality manage, pursuing arduous benchmarks to prevent any imperfections", a spokesperson reported.

We're all about using a face mask in 2020 to help with the pandemic but we draw the line at finding one tucked up inside a McDonald's chicken nugget.

McDonald's United Kingdom released a statement saying that they were investigating the matter and "have taken action to ensure any product from this batch is removed from restaurants", the company said.

"When the matter was introduced to the awareness of our personnel, we apologised, available a whole refund and asked the customer to return the item so we could even further investigate the issue and isolate the afflicted products".

Other reports by Click Lancashire

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER