Conor McGregor 'Accepts' UFC Fight After Responding To Call Out

Ruben Hill
August 1, 2020

In the meantime, Dana says the UFC is working on putting together a different fight for Khamzat on August 29th, which would be his 3rd fight in a little over a month!

But Chimaev, whose social media savvy seems every bit as sharp as his ground-fighting skills inside the cage, quickly fired back with one of McGregor's old phrases, replying, "Beg me".

"The Notorious" was supposed to fight three times in the UFC this year, but his first-round TKO win over Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone in January remains the only Octagon appearance of his self-declared season so far.

On Thursday, Conor McGregor tweeted the two words "I accept" to his 8.2 million followers, piquing the curiosity of his fans about what he could possibly mean.

Whether or not the tweet was meant for Chimaev, however, it does not mean that the fight will come to fruition.

"That was (for) Khamzat", White told reporters, including MMA Junkie, after UFC on ESPN+ 31 weigh-ins.

"Spoke to Conor McGregor briefly today".

The Irishman then tweeted "tinatanggap ko", which is Tagalog - the second language for the majority of people from the Philippines - for "I accept". "I understand if they don't want to fight me". I am going to finish everybody.

Chimaev's dominant victories over John Phillips and Rhys McKee has seen him become the talk of the UFC with White hyping up a bout against welterweight king Kamaru Usman. He wrote: "I accept".

Moments later, the Irishman responded with his own message on Twitter. Share your thoughts in the comments section PENN Nation!

Other reports by Click Lancashire

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER