Former French Open champion Patrick McEnroe confirms he has coronavirus

Ruben Hill
April 1, 2020

Ex-tennis player Patrick McEnroe tells TMZ Sports he feels "extremely lucky" that he hasn't been hospitalized after testing positive for COVID-19. saying he's grateful his body has been able to fight off the disease.

The 53-year-old younger brother of seven-time Grand Slam singles champion John McEnroe said in a video posting on Twitter that he was tested at a drive-up facility in Westchester County, the NY suburb where a major outbreak took place. He took a test at a NY state drive-thru facility 11 days ago and said he got the positive result Tuesday morning. I'm doing absolutely fine.

McEnroe, younger brother of seven-times Grand Slam champion John, said he had been tested after experiencing "some minor symptoms" about 10 or 11 days ago. My symptoms have passed. My wife Melissa does an incredible job of taking care of the house, taking care of the kids and myself. "And, again, I just want to give a shoutout to people that have lost loved ones or people that are really struggling". "I encourage everyone to do the same. And, it turned out I got the result within 24 hours on the website", McEnroe says. Let's nail this thing. But now that he's feeling better, he's encouraging others to do what they can to fight the coronavirus. We have to do our part. We gotta listen. And we gotta stay home.

Other reports by Click Lancashire

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER