Hubei to ease restrictions as no new local cases reported in China

Elias Hubbard
March 27, 2020

Also on Wednesday, six deaths and 58 new suspected cases were reported on the mainland with all the deaths in Hubei Province and all the suspected cases from overseas.

Beijing, March 26 (SocialNews.XYZ) The Chinese health authority on Thursday said that no new domestically transmitted cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) were reported on the Chinese mainland on Wednesday.

Also, Hubei reported 58 new suspected cases, mostly imported, and nationwide 159 people were still suspected of being infected with the virus, the active cases so far, National Health Commission told the press.

The province saw zero fresh infections on Wednesday, having counted some 67,000 cases in total since the outbreak began last December.

Railway stations and airports began opening from Wednesday - with the exception of Wuhan, the capital of Hubei where the virus is believed to have emerged late past year at a food market selling wild animals.

Wuhan will allow residents to leave from April 8, and allow incoming trains to the city from this Saturday.

Also, Wuhan will resume commercial flights from April 8, excluding global flights and flights to and from Beijing.

Passengers wearing face masks wait for their train to arrive at Hefei railway station in Hefei, in Chinas eastern Anhui province which borders Hubei province, the centre of the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, on March 25, 2020.

Chinese scientists are hastening the development of COVID-19 vaccines through five approaches -- inactivated vaccines, genetic engineering subunit vaccines, adenovirus vector vaccines, nucleic acid vaccines and vaccines using attenuated influenza virus as vectors. Over 60 million people were put on the lockdown.

The global death toll from the virus has crossed 21,000, with more than 472,000 cases confirmed worldwide, according to US -based Johns Hopkins University.

The paper has not been peer-reviewed, Hong Kong-based South China Morning Post reported.

The lab test data allowed the doctors from Tongji Medical College in Wuhan, Fudan University and Harvard University, to create models regardless of whether the patients had symptoms, the Post report said.

Requiring at least 108 participants, the trial will be conducted in Wuhan, capital of Hubei province, the region worst-affected by the virus in the country, state-run China Daily reported.

Other reports by Click Lancashire

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER