Meghan Markle & Prince Harry Will No Longer Use The Sussex Royal Brand

Lawrence Kim
February 25, 2020

According to Page Six, the couple had already globally trademarked the name and used it on their Sussex Royal Instagram account and website, with lofty plans of turning it into a billion-dollar brand and using the name for their non-profit foundation.

They could adopt a more American-friendly brand like "Harry and Meghan" since their interests going forward appear to be about attracting American money, said Berthelsen, adding that Royal Family titles might not resonate as well in the U.S. "They chose that name to protect the royal name, not profit off of it".

Last month, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex announced that they were stepping back as senior members of the royal family.

At the same time, it emerged that couple had applied for a United Kingdom trademark for the term "Sussex Royal", covering hundreds of items under the categories of printed matter, clothing, campaigning, charitable fundraising, education and social care services. The Duke, 35, and Duchess of Sussex, 38, "have no regrets about leaving", a source shared EXCLUSIVELY with HollywoodLife.

The Duchess of Sussex is also reportedly convinced that she and Prince Harry's success is inevitable with or without their current brand name.

Harry is still a prince, however, and the couple will still retain their formal titles: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

Meghan Markle & # 39 disappointed & # 39 in Queen Elizabeth II for removing her Sussex brand
Meghan Markle & Prince Harry Will No Longer Use The Sussex Royal Brand

Apparently, Meghan and Harry meant to use their brand in marketing and the brand of cheap products. "Meghan knows how important it is to Harry and will be at his side".

On the topic of security - amid reports their private protection could spiral into millions overseas a year - they said: "It is agreed that The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will continue to require effective security to protect them and their son".

Since announcing their exit, the couple have had to give up the right to use their HRH titles, their office at Buckingham Palace and their access to royal funds. Princess Diana's sons reportedly had secret peace talks before Prince Harry left for Canada.

Harry will be present at the London Marathon on April 26 and the couple will take part in Harry's Invictus Games held in The Hague, Netherlands in May.

The duke and duchess will attend the Commonwealth Day service at Westminster Abbey on March 9, likely to be their last official appearance as working members of the monarchy, with the Queen and other senior royals.

Other reports by Click Lancashire

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER