Army launches artillery attack on 4 terror camps in PoK

Elias Hubbard
October 20, 2019

The injured civilians were shifted to district hospitals. This is the highest death toll in 2019 in a single day of Indian shelling from across the LoC.

Pakistan has rejected reports that the Indian Army targeted at least four terror camps in the PoK and said it can arrange a visit of diplomats from P5 nations to the area to expose Indian "falsehood".

Sunday's clashes came days after Pakistan's foreign ministry protested against similar incidents from across the LoC by Indian forces that killed three civilians and wounded another eight on October 15. "Indian lies to justify their false claims & preparations for a false flag operation will continue to be exposed with truth", he added. "Effectively responded. Nine Indian soldiers killed several injured".

Targeting innocent civilians by Indian Army is an attempt to justify their false claims of targeting alleged camps.

He also saluted the valor of the Pakistan Army for giving a befitting response to the Indian security forces. Athmuqam in Neelum district is also Pakistan Army's district headquarters.

Indian authorities said repeatedly during the lockdown that Kashmir has been mostly peaceful.

In a post shared on Twitter, he added: "This is the height of savagery. The world must not stay silent over it. #KashmirNeedsAttention", he said in a tweet.

The shelling marks an escalation from the small-arms fire usually exchanged by the two armies.

An Indian Army official said Pakistani Army initiated unprovoked ceasefire violations to assist infiltration by terrorists into Indian territory in Tangadhar sector last evening.

The targets destroyed by India were in the Neelam valley of Pakistan administered Kashmir and the launch pads have been completely destroyed with fatalities on the Pakistan side, one of the people cited above said.

In response, Pakistan accused India of resorting to unprovoked CFV, targeting civilians.

There was an unprovoked ceasefire violation by Pakistan, said Indian defence spokesman Col Rajesh Kalia.

More than two months later, the region remains under a communications blockade. The renewed fighting comes amid the ongoing lockdown in Kashmir after India stripped the region of its semi-autonomy in early August.

Other reports by Click Lancashire

Discuss This Article