Eliza Dushku breaks silence on alleged harassment on set of 'Bull'

Lawrence Kim
December 20, 2018

Eliza Dushku has broken her silence regarding last week's New York Times article that revealed she was sacked from Bull and received a settlement from CBS after she reported being sexually harassed by the show's star, Michael Weatherly.

She also indicates the settlement was "a portion" of her earning potential for what was expected to be a six-year contract, and was only agreed to after video evidence CBS lawyers had sent to her legal representative and had planned to use against her actually highlighted Weatherly's behaviour.

The star signed on to the series in March 2017 for a three-episode arc with plans to become a series regular but alleged that Weatherly, 50, promptly made inappropriate comments to and about her in front of castmates and crew members not long after she began work on the show.

"He made the threesome remark to me about himself and me in a room full of people". "I learned from crew members that, because there had been previous harassment training on Bull, Weatherly's delight in yelling "yellow card" was his way of mocking the very harassment training that was meant to keep him in line", she wrote.

TV Guide has reached out to CBS and Michael Weatherly's attorney for comment. "I wanna have a threesome with you too'".

"He regularly commented on my "ravishing" beauty, following up with audible groans, oohing and aahing", explained Dushku. She also said he had a habit of "leering" at her and once recalled him "smelling me in a dramatic swoon". At the time, Weatherly previously said, "I better understand that what I said was both not amusing and not appropriate and I am sorry and regret the pain this caused Eliza".

Dushku says Weatherly would also brag about his friendship with CBS chief executive Les Moonves, who resigned from his position in September after being accused of misconduct by 12 women.

"I have not yet had my meeting with Spielberg, but I can not help but wonder where the legendary Hollywood director was throughout all of this". However, after Weatherly and CBS did respond to the Times, Dushku says in Wednesday's op-ed, she made a decision to speak out. "I was made to feel dread almost all the time I was in his presence".

"This was classic workplace harassment that became workplace bullying", she explained.

Now Dushku has broken her silence about the expose in a detailed op-ed for the Boston Globe, slamming those involved in her exit for the way they have reportedly manipulated the story. Instead, she was sacked shortly after she attempted to resolve the issue on her own by speaking with him.

"The narrative propagated by CBS, actor Michael Weatherly, and writer-producer Glenn Gordon Caron is deceptive and in no way fits with how they treated me on the set of the television show Bull and retaliated against me for simply asking to do my job without relentless sexual harassment", Dushku wrote.

Dushku said that while she took some solace in the terms of her settlement, which requires CBS to hire someone trained in "sexual harassment compliance" to monitor Weatherly's behavior and the show in general, she is still seeking answers.

"I am still trying to make sense of how this could happen, especially in these times ... But I do feel it is my duty to respond honestly and thoroughly to CBS, Michael Weatherly, and ['Bull' showrunner] Glenn Gordon Caron's latest revisionist accounts", she wrote.

Other reports by Click Lancashire

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER