Daughter of RPF officer allegedly gang-raped 200m from police station

Ruben Hill
November 3, 2017

A 19-year-old girl, who is preparing for UPSC Civil Services exams and was on her way back from coaching classes, is brutally beaten and raped for four men in the state capital.

Still, none of the two police stations - MP Nagar and Habibganj, both in the heart of New Bhopal - registered a case, passing the buck on officials of other police stations, saying that area didn't fall under their jurisdiction. They dragged her to a secluded place and gang-raped her.

The incident took place when the girl was returning from her coaching institute at 7 pm to board a train to Vidisha.

The incident had occurred on Tuesday night in the vicinity of the Habibganj railway station, but came to light yesterday.

According to police reports, the woman made a decision to take a shorter route on the day of the incident, when at around 7 pm, she was grabbed by the accused Golu Bihari, who is out on bail in the murder of his infant daughter.

"Speaking to media, Bhopal Inspector General of Police (IGP Law and Order) Makrand Deuskar said, "Three accused have been arrested and presented before the court". They were turned away from police stations, and despite the horrific crime, and the policemen didn't give a patient hearing to her, let alone registering case. As per sources, after the FIR, the accused Golu was caught by parents of the victim who later handed over the accused to GRP Habibganj after which based on information of Golu, his three associates were taken in police custody.

The accused, as per the reports, even took a tea and gutkha break before returning to repeatedly rape her. Her parents said police initially denied to file their complaint. The girl fainted and the culprits fled, assuming the girl to be dead.

On Wednesday, the family ran from pillar to post for hours at Habibganj police station.

Meanwhile, for dereliction of duty, DIG Santosh Singh suspended S-I RN Tekam of MP Nagar police station. "SI Uikey alleged that we were making a "false filmy complaint", the mother told The Times of India. "The matter is still being investigated".

Other reports by Click Lancashire

Discuss This Article