Preston confirm accepted bid for Norwich target Callum Robinson

Ruben Hill
July 12, 2019

"Preston North End can confirm they have accepted a bid from a Premier League club for forward Callum Robinson", the club said last night.

The 24-year-old Republic of Ireland worldwide forward has joined on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

The move will represent a boost for global manager Mick McCarthy as the forward will join Ireland team-mates John Egan, Enda Stevens and David McGoldrick. For the past two seasons the club has had a chance at gaining the long-awaited Premier League promotion, with the 2017-18 campaign seeing them finish just one point behind 6th, and Robinson has been a vital player in Preston's recent steady Championship seasons.

Luke Freeman was the club's record signing when he arrived for an undisclosed fee from QPR, while Phil Jagielka returned on a one-year deal.

It was a season where Robinson repaid the faith given to him by Preston, who previously loaned the midfielder twice from his previous club Aston Villa, before eventually signing him on a permanent deal back in 2016.

Robinson, 24, scored 13 goals in 36 appearances for Preston last season.

"I feel Callum is a great age and what we have paid represents great value in the current market".

Neil told PNE's official website: "We are in a situation where we have been given a good offer".

"I am gutted Callum has left".

"He has improved no end; he has been a double figure goalscorer for us for the last few seasons and we should remember him fondly and wish him all the best".

The move was completed on Friday afternoon, Robinson having travelled to the Algarve in Portugal where the Blades are having a training camp.

Other reports by Click Lancashire

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER