Fears Raised Over Future Of Bestival

Lawrence Kim
September 25, 2018

Bestival's future could be in jeopardy, with reports suggesting that the company behind the festival is being put into administration.

The Mirror says Mr Benamor, whose company Richmond Group Debt Capital loaned Bestival £1.6m in February past year, filed the notices at Companies House last week.

According to the documents submitted last week, billionaire James Benamor has threatened to appoint administrators for Bestival Group, Bestival Ltd and Camp Bestival.

However, a statement posted on the Camp Bestival website said a new financial backer was being sought for the family festival.

Tickets are already being sold for next year's events, which are expected to attract thousands of visitors to the music and entertainments festivals at Lulworth Castle.

Bestival, which had previously been held on the Isle of Wight, moved to the same site in 2017 with organiser Rob da Bank blaming the "boring economics of getting people on to the island".

Organisers were forced to cancel the final day of this year's Camp Bestival due to torrential rain.

Bestival organisers have declined to comment in the IW Observer, despite repeated attempts to contact one of its directors, John Hughes, directly. They said they were "utterly devastated" and would issue refunds as quickly as possible.

The Richmond Group did not respond to a request for a comment.

Bestival 2018 saw performances from the likes of London Grammar, M.I.A, Grace Jones and Plan B.

Other reports by Click Lancashire

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER