Nabil Fekir: 'Knee problem not behind failed Liverpool medical'

Ruben Hill
June 20, 2018

In a press conference in Russian Federation today, speaking ahead of France's next match against Peru on Thursday, Fekir was asked about his situation with Liverpool. The story isn't over.

Lyon issued a statement on their official website confirming that the deal was off and suggested that any move was dead in the water, however, Fekir agent, Jean-Pierre Bernes, has now claimed the saga isn't over and the attacker could yet join Liverpool.

The 24-year-old had his heart set on a move to Anfield, and this will have come as a blow on the eve of France's World Cup campaign.

Bernes says that isn't true, but gave no explanation as to why the deal wasn't completed, even though Fekir had already completed his introductory interviews with the club.

Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea may be on alert regarding Nabil Fekir, as reported by The Sun, but the Lyon star's agent's latest comments - as reported by Metro - suggest that the France worldwide could still end up at Liverpool.

"My knee is super good. We will see about all that later".

Fekir, who met with Jean-Michel Aula yesterday, said: "It was great to see Jean-Michel Aulas yesterday at Istra but we did not at all discuss my situation at Lyon".

Asked whether Liverpool trying to lower a fee for him after his medical, Fekir smirked and said: "You know I am here with France, I am happy, and I am not here to discuss my personal situation". "Honestly, I feel like before my injury".

Other reports by Click Lancashire

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER