Prosecutors reviewing sexual assault case against Sylvester Stallone

Lawrence Kim
June 14, 2018

Greg Risling, a spokesman for the district attorney's office, says prosecutors are investigating whether the 71-year-old actor should face charges in connection with the alleged incident, which dates back to the 1990s, the Los Angeles Times reports.

In December, Stallone's attorney Martin Singer said that a woman had "filed a police report alleging a rape that occurred 27 years ago".

Reporting on this incident started in 2016, when a woman claimed she would file a report with police about an incident that took place between her and Stallone in the 1990s.

A new case was presented Wednesday by the Santa Monica Police Department, the spokesperson said. The alleged victim filed a police report in May.

A representative for Stallone did not immediately return a request for comment. "At no time was Mr. Stallone ever contacted by authorities or anyone else regarding this matter".

Earlier last year, the Daily Mail reported that in 1986 a 16-year-old autograph-seeker told Las Vegas police she was sexually assaulted by Stallone and his bodyguard.

The increasing scrutiny on allegations against Stallone come in the wake of the #MeToo movement and reports about widespread sexual abuse allegedly perpetrated by Harvey Weinstein and other powerful men in Hollywood.

Other reports by Click Lancashire

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER