Kevin Spacey to appear in first movie since sexual misconduct claims

Lawrence Kim
June 13, 2018

Kevin Spacey's film Billionaire Boys Club will be released in July after previously being shelved due to the sexual misconduct scandal that engulfed the star. "DuPont said that "people have such short memories", and, moreover, that "Spacey is nearly unrecognizable in a beard and glasses", which, as anyone who has seen the trailer can say, is simply not true".

The new movie, Billionaire Boys Club, follows the members of the 1980s Los Angeles Ponzi scheme crime ring, with Spacey as the story's murdered con man.

The disgraced Oscar victor was removed from 2017's All The Money In The World and Netflix sacked him from House Of Cards following the allegations.

He has faced multiple accusations of sexual harassment since actor Anthony Rapp said the star had made a sexual advance toward him in 1985, when he was just 14 years old and Spacey was 26.

"People have such short memories", DuPont told me. "And Spacey is nearly unrecognizable in a beard and glasses".

Following Rapp's claims, Spacey came out as gay and apologised for his drunken behaviour, adding that he had no recollection of the incident.

A sexual assault charge against Spacey is being considered by prosecutors in Los Angeles.

On Wednesday, the Los Angeles District Attorney confirmed to the Press Association the case was still being reviewed.

Other reports by Click Lancashire

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER