Kitchen fire forces Gatineau residents to flee apartment

Elias Hubbard
April 16, 2018

A grease fire that started in the kitchen of a midtown Tucson apartment has left two people and a dog without a home.

The fire did not cause structural damage, but damage from the smoke displaced the residents, according to the fire department.

Officials said the apartment did not have a sprinkler system, and smoke alarms were responsive to the fire.

At least half of the 20-unit building was damaged in the fire, which began around 2:45 p.m. Saturday.

The firefighter was released from the hospital, and was receiving pats on the back from his fellow firefighters while walking around at the scene after. No other people were injured in the fire. "Stay safe Tucson and keep an eye on your cooking".

The residents, a man and a woman in their 30s, are now being assisted by the Red Cross.

Other reports by Click Lancashire

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER