Death Toll Rises To Three In Kabul Explosion

Elias Hubbard
March 17, 2018

Afghan media quoted sources that claimed the attack was targetted at a private security firm's vehicle.

A suicide auto bomber detonated his explosives close to a compound housing foreign contractors on Saturday morning.

- An official with Afghanistan's Interior Ministry says a suicide auto bomber targeting a British security company in the capital Kabul has killed two civilians and wounded three others.

While the latest blast was relatively minor compared with others that have killed scores of people recently, the constant stream of attacks in Kabul has undermined confidence in the Western-backed government of President Ashraf Ghani.

Health ministry spokesman Wahid Majrooh told AFP at least four people had been wounded.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the blast which came days after the top U.S. general in Afghanistan said protecting the capital was "our main effort".

The attack came days after the top USA general in Afghanistan said protecting the capital was "our main effort".

Other reports by Click Lancashire

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER