Brazilian star Kaka announces retirement

Elias Hubbard
December 18, 2017

Former AC Milan and Brazil star Kaka has announced his retirement from professional football.

The 2007 Ballon d'Or victor confirmed that he would not renew his contract at MLS side Orlando City in October. "I'd rather take part as a manager or sporting director".

The 2007 Ballon d'Or victor captioned his post with the message, "Father, It was much more than I could ever imagined. Now, there are people who believe I am already ready". "In Jesus name. Amen", he tweeted.

In conclusion Kaka confirmed that he has been in talks with former club Milan stating that: "It's true that recently Milan made me an offer, we will see".

The risky playmaker won the Ballon d'Or and FIFA's World Player award in 2007. He was the last player other than Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi to receive the prize. Also, the board told he would be welcomed in the club in the different role.

Kaka failed to replicate his best form in Madrid as he struggled with a serious knee injury and he returned to Milan in 2013.

The Brazilian left MLS in October, parting ways with Orlando City and there was much speculation on what he would do next.

Ricardo Izecson dos Santos Leite, (Kaká) is a Brazilian professional footballer who played as an attacking midfielder.

In November, media reports said he had been considering a move to Guizhou Hengfeng Zhicheng in the Chinese Super League.

He visited the San Siro in November and met with the club's new owners, so don't be surprised if Kaka takes a position with the Rossoneri in the near future.

"The fact that I have had success as a professional player does not mean that I will be a good director, so I want to prepare for it from now on; study, monitor, be closer to some clubs, especially one where I played".

Other reports by Click Lancashire

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER