Man attacked during Charlottesville rally turns himself in

Elias Hubbard
October 13, 2017

A man wanted in connection to an assault in Charlottesville on August 12 has turned himself in to police.

The Charlottesville Police Department says Harris turned himself in around 8:30 a.m. Thursday.

Merlyn Goeschl, a local magistrate, issued the warrant for Harris on a felony charge of unlawful wounding Monday, part of the continuing fallout from a viral video of the parking garage assault during the August 12 "Unite the Right" rally. He was charged with unlawful wounding.

Warrants had been issued earlier this week for Harris, witched stemmed from an altercation on the day of the Unite the Right rally at the Market St. parking garage in Charlottesville.

On Oct. 9, police said "the victim went to the magistrate's office, presented the facts of what occurred and attempted to obtain the warrant".

The charge against Harris alleges that he wounded Crews shortly before Harris was beaten, in the vicinity of the same parking garage.

Court records indicate that Harris, 20, of Suffolk, will make an appearance Friday morning in Charlottesville District Court.

Other reports by Click Lancashire

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER