Last known body recovered from rubble after Mexico quake

Elias Hubbard
October 5, 2017

The last body known to be trapped in rubble following Mexico's magnitude 7.1 natural disaster has been recovered, officials said Wednesday, Fox News reported.

The victim's body was located 15 days after the quake under a collapse of a 7-story office building in Mexico City, Yahoo News reported. It was the last known active recovery site.

Deputy Interior Minister Roberto Campa said all the bodies had been recovered from the ruins of an office building in the upscale Roma district of the capital. They include 19 women and 30 men.

"We do not have any missing persons", Mr Mancera said, adding that all bodies had been identified.

Mexican federal officials now say that 369 people have died as a result of the magnitude 7.1 natural disaster that hit the country on September 19, ABC News reported. Of those, 228 were in the capital.

National Civil Defense Coordinator Luis Felipe Puente says via Twitter that the total has increased by three.

Other reports by Click Lancashire

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER