Monaco's Thomas Lemar 'has the right profile to play for Arsenal' - Pires

Ruben Hill
July 17, 2017

If you believe the Arsenal transfer rumours that we have been faced with so far this summer then Arsene Wenger may already have three bids of increasing value for the France global star Thomas Lemar turned down by his current club AS Monaco, with the latest thought to be in excess of £40 million.

Arsenal have reportedly had two bids turned down for Lemar this summer, but are still hoping to lure the France worldwide to the Emirates Stadium.

The 21-year-old winger is said to be desperate to join the Gunners and is excited to work under Arsene Wenger at the Emirates Stadium. "For me, Thomas Lemar is one of the best French players there is".

The Monaco exit of Tiemoue Bakayoko to Chelsea and the likely departure of Benjamin Mendy mean a deal for Lemar is looking increasingly hard. He made a total of 51 appearances in all competitions for the club last season - scoring 14 goals and providing 14 assists.

The Gunners boss says he has given up on signing Kylian Mbappe, but Pires feels he would be wise to continue his pursuit of Lemar as he aims to turn the Gunners into genuine title contenders next season.

He could also make for a strong candidate to replace Alexis Sanchez, albeit he is not yet at the same level as the Chilean, particularly in terms of goalscoring.

Which is making life hard for Lemar, who will simply demand he be sold to Arsenal.

Other reports by Click Lancashire

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER