Witness tells court Cosby drugged and assaulted her

Lawrence Kim
June 19, 2017

Cosby's defense team argues that Constand and prosecutors are misrepresenting what occurred that day and that the sexual activity was consensual, which Constand and prosecutors reject.

While her deposition from that lawsuit remains sealed, it is clear that Constand is using her day in court to fully describe the assault she allegedly suffered at the hands of the iconic comedian. She recalled Cosby assisted her to a couch, placed a pillow under her neck, and with her in a stupor because of the pills he fed her, began his assault.

Constand said she first met Cosby in late 2002 at a women's basketball game at Temple University in Philadelphia, after being introduced by a donor.

On one of those occasions, she said, Cosby tried to unbutton her trousers but she told him, "I'm not here for that".

Tall and thin with big, frizzy hair, she approached the witness stand as Cosby sat at the defense table, leaning forward, listening. Constand, whose testimony marked the first time she had spoken publicly about the incident, claimed she tried to stop Cosby from violating her body, but she found herself incapacitated, reports Deadline.com.

Some 60 women have come forward to say Cosby sexually violated them, all but destroying his nice-guy image on screen and off, but the statute of limitations for prosecution had run out in almost every case.

Agrusa contended that, after poring over her phone records, Constand realized she'd placed almost 10 calls to various friends the night of March 16.

Cosby was "somebody I trusted", Constand said.

The massage therapist said that she could not move for the next 20-30 minutes.

At the same time, she said, Cosby became more flirtatious and suggestive - grabbing her thigh during one encounter at his home and attempting to unbutton her trousers in another. "I don't want that".

Asked why she visited Cosby again after that initial incident, Constand replied, "I wasn't scared of someone making a pass at me or an advance at me".

"I said, 'I see two of you and I'm slurring my words, '" she claimed in court.

About half an hour later, Constand said, she had trouble talking and difficulty moving and was suffering double vision. Instead of speculating about Cosby's guilt or innocence, she is leaving matters in the hands of a jury. Cosby then engaged in sexual activity with her when she could not consent or resist, she testified through tears.

The aftermath: "I did not have the courage at the time to tell my family, so I just went along with it".

But Constand says she never got the records from Temple University for the work-issued phone.

The cross-examination will continue Wednesday.

She also admitted that she returned to Cosby's Elkins Park home, which is just outside Philadelphia, after the alleged assault had taken place, even bringing him a gift of bath salts.

The court also heard from the mother of another one of Cosby's alleged victims, who corroborated her daughter's testimony of being assaulted by the comedian in 1996.

Cosby, whose attorneys said is legally blind, is not expected to testify. She claimed she was then jolted awake and felt Cosby's hand groping her breast under her shirt, then groping her genitals. She says they were friends for about 16 months before he sexually assaulted her. "He didn't want that", Sewell said.

Bill Cosby's sexual assault trial began on Monday at the Montgomery County Courthouse in Norristown, Pennsylvania, where the 79-year-old actor is standing trial on three counts of aggravated indecent assault.

She says they became friends over conversations about the basketball team and later her career.

Other reports by Click Lancashire

Discuss This Article