UK arrests three as footage of London Bridge attack appears online

Marco Green
Июня 10, 2017

The three attackers drove a van from London Bridge into pedestrians then got out and began stabbing people in the attack, which also left 48 people injured.

Last night, and Met Police Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley said there was "no intelligence to suggest that this attack was being planned.the investigation had been prioritised accordingly".

One man in Barking had reported concerns about Butt to the anti-terrorism hotline in 2015 and another woman had said he was trying to radicalize her children and she was scared of him.

The death toll from the London Bridge attack has risen to eight as pressure on British authorities intensified amid new questions about how the terrorists slipped through the net.

CCTV video has emerged of police firing at the London Bridge attackers.

Police have made more than a dozen arrests in the wake of the London Bridge attacks, but most have now been released without charge. He was not charged, but local police monitored him carefully and said they had tipped off Britain when he subsequently moved to London.

The man arrested on Friday morning was taken to a south London police station while officers from the Metropolitan police's counter-terrorism command searched the property.

"A 30-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of the commission, preparation or instigation of terrorist acts", police said.

Police shot and killed the three attackers within eight minutes of receiving an emergency call, police said.

The twin terror attacks that shook London and the United Kingdom late on the night of June 3 could have been prevented, it has emerged.

Redouane, a 30-year-old who described himself as Moroccan-Libyan, did not come up on MI5's radar.

A more in-depth profile of the perpetrators has continued to build up as the investigation spreads, including the role online material played in radicalising the attackers.

A 22-year-old Moroccan-Italian, Zaghba was stopped at Bologna Airport in March 2016, heading to Turkey on a one-way ticket.

A second source said Italian authorities had flagged him up to British authorities after he moved to England a year ago.

The attackers killed several people and wounded almost 50 people before being shot dead.

Other reports by

Discuss This Article