Read Ariana Grande's Hopeful Message to the Victims of the Manchester Attack

Elias Hubbard
May 30, 2017

British Prime Minister Theresa May raised concerns with U.S. President Donald Trump on Thursday over leaks to U.S. media about the Manchester suicide bombing, a British government source said.

Of the 11 people arrested, two have been released without charge while nine men remain in custody for questioning.

Police arrested three people in South Manchester, one woman in North Manchester, a man in the nearby town of Wigan, and another man in the central English town of Nuneaton.

This has made the total number of suspects linked to the attack rise to seven so far, Xinhua news agency reported.

Police chiefs have made clear they are furious about the publication of confidential material in United States media, including bomb site photographs in the New York Times, saying such leaks undermined relationships with trusted security allies.

Her comments came after British officials said they would no longer share intelligence on the attack with USA officials after information was leaked tot he US media.

British Prime Minster Theresa May will meet U.S. President Donald Trump at a North Atlantic Treaty Organisation summit in Brussels on Thursday, but officials said she would cut short the second leg of her trip to the G7 summit in Italy.

Ariana Grande has released a heartfelt, hopeful statement following the bombing at her Manchester show, which killed 22 people and injured 66 on Monday night. The suicide bomber's identity has been revealed by the police as Salman Abedi, 22, a son of Libyan parents who fled their native country and sought refuge in Britain. Those include Abedi's brother Ismail, his father Ramadan Abedi said.

Grande's latest album, Dangerous Woman, has also climbed 32 places to 30.

Britain also has a national election scheduled for June 8.

The government said a minute's silence would be held at all official buildings at 1000 GMT (6.00 a.m. ET) on Thursday.

"These searches will take several days to complete".

"We aren't the ones who blow up ourselves among innocents", he said.

France, which has repeatedly been hit by devastating militant attacks since 2015, extended emergency powers.

Other reports by Click Lancashire

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER